From the desk of Larry Klaben, President/CEO, Morris Furniture Co Inc
March 24, 2020
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR SAFETY
We continue to keep the health and welfare of our associates and families, along with that of our guests and surrounding
communities, as our number one priority and focus during these trying times. In support of our colleagues, guests, and
neighbors we are doing what is in the best interests of everyone’s safety. As a result of the Ohio Stay-At-Home order that
was enacted Sunday March 22, 2020, we are making the following changes for our business:
1. Store Hours – Effective March 24th, all of our retail locations are TEMPORARILY CLOSED.
- This closure is currently expected to run through April 6th.
- If you have a need for your home during this time, please shop online at www.morrisathome.com or www.ashleyfurniture.com.
- Our online sales representatives are available via live chat to answer any product or pricing inquiries.
2. Essential Operations – The essential operations within our business will remain open in a limited capacity to support customer needs:
- While portions of our business continue, we are following www.cdc.gov recommended protocol to prevent
the spread of COVID-19 including:
- Nobody sick can report to work. Employees have been asked to report their temperature to their supervisor each morning before coming to work.
- We are frequently sanitizing commonly touched areas, regularly hand washing, and enforcing a social distancing policy.
- Employees with the ability to work from home have been encouraged to do so.
Customer Care – This department remains open as an essential operation to support our customer needs.
Our customer care department remains open and is here to serve you.
Due to the high volume of calls we are receiving at this time, we are working to address customer needs as soon as possible. Your patience is appreciated.
We will return your call in the order that your inquiry was submitted.
- Customer Care Hours: Monday – Saturday 10a-7p
- Customer Care Phone: (937) 874-7020
- Customer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online: inquiries can be submitted online on our Contact Us page
Please refer to the FAQ below for some of the more commonly asked questions we have been receiving
Warehouse & Distribution -- Essential operations to support our customer needs.
Effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020, we will temporarily reduce our delivery schedule to 5 days a week: Tuesday – Saturday. No customer deliveries will be made on Sunday or Monday.
Due to health department restrictions, effective immediately, all sales order deliveries will be classified as Contact-Free Shipping.
- Contact-Free Shipping provides our customers with their order at or inside their front door or in their garage.
- The merchandise will be left in the original packaging or box without assembly, except for chairs which will be assembled.
- Proof-of-delivery signature alternatives are available.
- The same care in regard to CDC protocol is being exhibited by our shipping specialists, including social distancing, sanitizing, handwashing, and the use of gloves and booties.
- All Contact-Free Shipping customers will receive a voucher valid on their next purchase.
Our customer pick up will remain open during normal business hours at our Fairborn distribution facility only. All other pick up facilities are closed
- Customer Pickup Address: 2377 Commerce Center Blvd. Fairborn, OH 45324
- Customers are instructed to come in one at a time following the social distancing policy to check in for pick up
- Customers will then be instructed by a pick-up center representative to wait in their vehicles until a call is received that your order is ready.
- Customers can then utilize contact free pick-up, where product is placed behind your vehicle so items can be loaded on your own.
Effective Wednesday, March 18th we have temporarily suspended all returns to the distribution center.
- Unless the product poses a safety hazard in your home, service or pickup will be rescheduled. Please contact customer care to discuss your options.
Which Morris Furniture Company stores are open?
All Morris Home, Ashley HomeStore, Morris Outlet and Ashley Outlet stores in Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, and northern
Kentucky are currently closed. Re-opening dates are to be determined
Are scheduled deliveries still occurring?
Deliveries will continue to occur as scheduled. If a guest would prefer not to receive a delivery, the order can be
rescheduled by contacting customer care or visiting our website here: www.morrisathome.com/p/schedule-delivery
Our delivery team members are committed to following precautionary measures, in accordance with CDC advisories.
Contact-free delivery is now an option. While a signature is
preferred for all deliveries, a contact free delivery confirmation option is available as well. Pictures will be taken of the delivered product as proof of delivery.
We are also still sending out parts, however some manufacturers may be experiencing delays in their shipments.
Can I still pick up my order?
Customer pick up will only occur at our Fairborn distribution facility located at 2377 Commerce Center Blvd, Fairborn OH,
45234. All other pick up centers are closed.
Many furniture retailers import some merchandise from overseas. Could the product be contaminated?
All import items are shipped in sealed containers. Transit time for import items is typically at least 6 weeks once sealed in a container. According to current information
from the CDC, the maximum time the virus can stay on a surface is 9 days, in ideal conditions. Therefore, the virus will not have been able to survive the length of an import time